Wednesday, April 2, 2008

well...

This guy has a lot of time on his hands... but he's the most amazing model builder I have ever seen. Check out his website.

The pictures here are some that I took while at the Conowingo Dam a few weeks ago... my little camera takes good pictures, but the optics sometimes compromise the quality of the edges (vignettes, chromatic aberrations etc...). I didn't feel like editing them, so they are here in raw form (squeezed into a manageable size by Blogger). If'n you click on 'em, they get real big like...





Here's a sunset I shot a few months back... it's that magic time when the sun is just about set and the last rays of light just make the colors pop... it's a really awesome sight.


3 comments:

Test said...

Hey - I'm the one that supposed to post pictures :).

Seriously though, the pictures of the dam are really nice. And the one of the sunset has some gorgeous color in that. I've been trying to take sunset pics recently, and finding a good sunset to shoot is half the battle. Awesome pics!

Jay said...

tonight will probably be a good 'op to get one in a cloudless sky. I may take a chance on it.

have you tried down by the water? that would be a great place once the sun has gone below the tree line, especially if the water is still.

Frye79 said...

beautiful sunset picture!

What camera did you use? We just bought the Canon digital SLR 40D and can't wait to take pictures.